The Four Main Benefits of Duplex Stainless Steel
Duplex stainless steel, otherwise known as S31803 or S32205 stainless steel, is a type of alloy that consists of both austenitic and ferritic stainless steels. The combination of these two stainless steel types creates an alloy with their amazing versatility. Not only are duplex stainless steel strong, but lightweight and affordable as well. While duplex stainless steels are not perfect, they do very arguably offer the most worth for their cost.
Shinsei Industry Sdn Bhd manufactures many products, one of their manufactured products include duplex stainless steels. Today, we will be looking into some of the benefits duplex stainless steel has to offer: –
1. Duplex Stainless Steel are Light in Weight
- Due to the fact that duplex stainless steel is so strong, it can typically do more with less.
- To set an example, a thin piece of duplex stainless steel is capable of doing the same thing that a thick piece of austenitic stainless steel is doing.
- Therefore, duplex stainless steel is very lightweight as compared to other types of stainless steel in essence.
- This not only allows it to be used for a number of functions, it also makes it very efficient to transport and ship from one location to another.
2. Duplex Stainless Steel are Strong and Durable
- While the material is not quite as moldable as austenitic stainless steel, duplex stainless steel is about as strong as stainless steel come.
- However, despite the fact that it’s so strong, duplex stainless steel is still fairly flexible.
- The strong traits make it fairly easy to shape compared to other types of stainless steel at its strength level.
- Even if the duplex is thin in size, the material still possesses fairly good strength.
- Despite the fact that it’s made partially of ferritic steel, duplex stainless steel still contains quite a bit of nickel.
- The nickel gives it the strength and toughness needed to thrive through many uses.
3. Duplex Stainless Steel is Resistant to Corrosion
- One of the main advantages duplex stainless steel has to offer is that it will not easily give in to corrosion.
- When you compare duplex stainless steels to austenitic steel, its corrosion resistance is noticeably better.
- This makes the stainless steel ideal to be used under the sea, and other uses which involve exposure to corrosive substances.
- What duplex stainless steel is extremely resistant to is corrosion due to chloride.
- It can tolerate regular temperatures of up to 150 degrees celsius without going through any stress corrosion cracking.
- In short, if you’re looking for a corrosion-resistant stainless steel, you will find the best effects in duplex stainless steel.
4. Duplex Stainless Steel is Cost Efficient and Reasonably Priced
- Not only does duplex stainless steel have excellent resistance to corrosion, it offers terrific corrosion resistance at a reasonable price.
- When compared to other super austenitic stainless steels, duplex stainless steels are much more affordable.
- This is because duplex stainless steel is cost efficient than super austenitic steel, and because the material is made with lower amounts of nickel and molybdenum. These substances are two of the more expensive substances when it comes to stainless steel manufacturing.
Overall, there are many advantages that come with using duplex stainless steel in manufacturing. Therefore, if you are considering purchasing high quality duplex stainless steel for your project next time, you can contact Shinsei Industry Sdn Bhd to ask for further inquiries.